I am sick and tired of being FAT! I’m sick of not feeling attractive, to myself! When I look in the mirror I want to look like a woman my spouse would be proud to walk down the street with. She has always told me I’m beautiful and she has no problem with my weight. It’s not like I was skinny when she met me. The problem is ME! I have a problem with MY weight. So what do I do about it, because whining isn’t working?
January 3rd 2016, I set out on a LIFESTYLE change. I don’t like to say diet because I have never stuck to one. So, if I change my lifestyle, I won’t need a diet. I won’t need a diet because eating healthier & working out will be a way of life for me. Makes sense, doesn’t it?! According to www.Dictionary.com , a habit is an acquired behavior pattern regularly followed until it has become almost involuntary.
By changing my habits I don’t have to struggle with staying on a diet or drag myself to the gym when I really don’t want to be there. My wants/needs will change automatically. It’s like writing your name, you’ve done it so many times you don’t have to think about it. You just do it! If you get in the habit of making healthy choices it becomes part of your life, it’s not a habit anymore.
Here are a few things I have changed.
- I drink water instead of sugar filled beverages.
- I refuse to give up my morning coffee. So, I use Splenda instead of sugar.
- When grocery shopping, I don’t go hungry. If you go to the store hungry, you’re more likely to pick up a candy bar than an apple.
- I cook every night instead of going out to eat. It is easier in the beginning stages of your lifestyle change to eat healthy at home because if you go out to eat and start looking at all those delicious burgers and fries, you are going to order one and feel guilty later.
- My workout is in my daily routine. Everyday when I get home from work, I use the bathroom, change into my workout clothes and head to the living room for my workout session. EVERY SINGLE DAY!
I’m going in to the third month of my lifestyle change and it is going great! I have lost 21 pounds and counting. I honestly don’t think about the changes my family and I have made because it is a part of our everyday lives. I can enjoy my coffee, go grocery shopping and not make impulsive decisions, when I go out to eat I instantly look for the healthy section on the menu, and I love working out! Working out allows me to burn off the stress of my day because I make it fun. I may play Just Dance on the Wii or do Yoga.
I’ve learned what is working for me and against me in my life. I remind myself that whatever I choose to eat now, I have to work off when I get home. Make it easy on yourself. Each individual has to make the decision in their own life as to what is important to them. My health is important to me, that’s why I changed my lifestyle. I’m tired of being fat but I’m enjoying being healthy!